Friday, August 8, 2008

Odds and Ends..

Only 3 more weeks until school starts. Funny how in May I cant wait for school to be over with,(so I can sleep in) but by middle June, I am ready for it to start again. My kids do nothing but eat all night and play video games and sleep all day. I just want my 8 hours of time to myself back! (Only stay at home moms can understand this).
I dont know how moms that work do it. When do they have time to clean house, do laundry, bake for their family, check homework, cook dinner and all that other Suzie homemaker stuff? (Not to mention have time to write a blog)
I sometimes say Id like to have a job (just for the pleasure of talking to an adult sometimes), but the fact is, my house would fall apart. My family is too used to me doing everything for them, they wouldnt know what to do on their own.
I know, your saying, 'Cant you talk to your husband'? Well sure, when he comes in from work at 9pm, or before he leaves for work at 5am. 'Talk' is just normally the important stuff like, 'Middle Bratz did this in school today', or 'eldest Bratz needs to borrow money for her electric/phone/rent payment', things like that.

How do I know things would fall apart.

Case in point....We were having a hurricane this week. (it was a T.D, so no big deal). I told my husband to stop by the store after work to pick up some groceries. Just some odds and ends, bottled water, and can goods. He comes home with 167.00 worth of bullshit! He came home with 10 cans of sardines (The kind noone else will eat but him, the ones that contain green chilies). He also came home with 3 boxes of hostess cupcakes. The most dumbest thing he bought was a economy box of cheese...care to know how much THAT was? Try 14.00!!!!!
14.00 for CHEESE SLICES! Is he kidding me!!!
Hes been banned from ever going grocery shopping again. 167.00 and it all fit in only 5 paper bags. Unbelievable.
By the way... he got the bottled water all right, the cheap brand that cost 6.00 for a pkg of 24, why didnt he just go to walmart, grab the Dasani 16 pack for 3.99? Oh, because hes not me.

6 comments:

Meg said...

Summer colds are just regular colds but that happen in the summer. Its miserable because you want to be doing summery stuff and instead you can't breathe or move.

Justa Hillbilly said...

WoW! If I answered this post like I want, it would end up longer than yours! lol
So, to make it short, my hubby is way better at goin to the grocery store than me, school starts here the 26th, and this G-ma thing is finally, maybe, sinkin in..not yet completly tho..?
*knh*

Weith Kick said...

Your husband sounds like me when it comes to grocery shopping. My wife is all about coupons and bargains, while I just grab the first thing I see, like one roll of paper towels for $4.

Insane Mama said...

The price of groceries these days... It's crazy

~Sheila~ said...

HA HA HA HA HA....Damn husbands!
If I ever sent Angel to get emergency supplies he'd come back with fajitas, sausage, meat and anything else he could BBQ.

Anonymous said...

If I let my husband shop, this is what $167 would buy:

assorted beef jerky
velveeta
beer
jumbo toilet paper
8 cans of biscuits
cheetos (for the young'ns)
15 lb chunk of groud beef (because he thinks he will go to the trouble of separating and freezing it..but he doesn't really know how)
pork rinds
pickled eggs
tortillas
mustard
bacon
A whole rind of red-rind cheese
more beer
olives
1 canteloupe sp?


The last time he came with is remembered in these parts as the great Cocoa Puff Conflict. We’d rather not talk about the specifics..