Friday, August 1, 2008

Doctors are not as smart as moms!

I dont see how people have time to blog daily and have time to comment. I try to do it and even though the 4 kids I have at home are much older, It throws my whole day off.
I still have my daughters room to finish, downstairs to clean, dishes to do, beds to make, and sometime or another I plan on making cookies.
What I really wanted to rant about was, my 15 yr old son had a sleep study done in May. That thing cost me 5000.00. They determined hes only sleeping 70% of the time. Which leaves him groggy the next day and he falls asleep during the day in school (which is making real problems). So I take him back to the doctor last week for the results of this study, and he says he needs to see a neurologist to rule out narcolepsy. Now wait a minute, my son does not have narcolepsy. He is not falling asleep out of the blue, hes dozing off because hes tired. Why is he tired? Because hes not getting adequate sleep. (DUH). So I tell the doctor he needs to be put on Ambien Cr, so he can fall asleep and most importantly, STAY asleep, so the next day he wont be tired. His nurse calls me yesterday and says, 'We will call him a month supply of ambien, but then hes going to need another sleep study'.
WHAT!
I'm looking for a new doctor, because apparently this one doesn't have a clue about what hes talking about.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Find a new dr. like I told you to do when you first moved there.....lol

~Sheila~ said...

Do you think he has sleep apnea? You know..he stops breathing briefly while he sleeps. Angel has that and he never gets adequate sleep. He is always sleepy the next day. He also had to have a sleep study done. They put him on a C-pap machine to help with the oxygen and his breathing.

I think they want another sleep study because they need to know how he is sleeping while taking the meds.

I guess.

~Sheila~ said...

does he always jerk in his sleep?

Meg said...

Doctors are smart but it never hurts to get another opinion.