Sunday, August 3, 2008

My house is haunted....

Why do I think my house is haunted? Well, Ive always been clairvoyant, as has a few of my kids.
Since moving here we have been seeing shadows, hearing someone downstairs when we've all been upstairs, and heard whispering. The weirdest thing happened this past week though. We bought the kids one of those easy set pools, you know, the 18ft X 4ft kind. Well, we cover it at night, and one morning I got up and looked outside (The window by the top of the stairs overlooks the pool area) and the cover was on the pool. I was going to go out there within the hour to take the cover off, and turn the pump off, and someone (or something) had taken the cover off, moved it 8ft away and put a brick over it. Now what gets me is this, we live in the middle of nothing. We have a neighbor (kind of) who lives about 3 acres away and hes old. This was at 7am when all this took place. I don't know who couldve removed it, my kids were asleep, and I ha vent seen any other kids (teens) in the neighborhood, because having 2 very bored teens, we've looked and we don't see anyone, much less kids. Who couldve taken this cover off?
The other weird thing was yesterday, I looked outside several times because as I said you tend to look outside because of the window being at the top of the stairs. The pool was full and I was telling myself, go turn off the pump and check to see if the shock worked in cleaning it. Well, I went outside like 45 minutes later and all the water was out. We are talking roughly 18,000 gallons of water. Out of the pool, for no apparent reason. No one was around. My kids were inside (heck 2 were still asleep) and the other 2 were playing Socom. Is someone being super sneaky and going way out of their way to fuck with the pool (As I said, we live in the middle of nowhere), or is something supernatural happening?
My house...

8 comments:

ShelbyAnne said...

About the tattoo:

I don't regret either one (I have one on my foot-a flower that matches one my little sister has), but I think the reason is that I thought long and hard about what I wanted, and they both have substantial sentemential value. The people who get something "trendy" or spur of the moment are the ones who I think regret them. =)

~Sheila~ said...

hmmm...maybe someone doesn't want you guys to swim.

Mama Dawg said...

There's no leak? That's weird.

Rhea said...

Ok, that's a little creepy. You have me spooked! Your house looks gorgeous, btw. I'd love to have some land and few neighbors. Sounds heavenly...despite the ghost.

Julie H said...

Scary!!

Insane Mama said...

Hmmm, lets think on it. Maybe aliens have found out how to use water as fuel and they are sucking your pool dry every time you turn around....
I'd be running for the wods!
Love your house.

said...

Beautiful place!! Yeah, we grew up with some goblins too. We got used to it and would say, "Just don't break anything!" when we'd leave the house. Ha ha!

Thanks for commenting on my blog! It sounds like your kids have a family full of love now!

said...

Oh and P.S. I love Duran Duran too! (Figures since you and I are the same age...)