Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tomorrow is my birthday.

I will be 38. Sighhhhh. Might as well say 40. No wait, dont do that.

I drove to the country 2 days ago to look at houses. The one I 'was' excited about didnt meet my expectations. You know, like the expectation of me expecting the house to be clean enough to walk through it.

I kid you not.

This lady I had talked to for 2 days seemed really nice. I couldnt wait to see her house, a 5 bedroom, 2 bath, renting for only 850.00 a month. I was stoked. Until I met her..and saw the house. She looked like, Courtney Love. She gets out of her beat up van, wearing a bikini top, daisy dukes, and no shoes! She was litteraly barefooted. So were her kids. To add to this, she had a ciggarett hanging out of her mouth. She looked like she was on drugs. I swear to God she was Courtney Loves twin.

My children, that we brought with us, were appauled.

Shocked even.

Then we toured the house. It consisted of 5 bedrooms, but they were filthy. There was litteraly, trash in trash bags on the floors everywhere, animal poop in alot of places, dead and live roaches, and one room was missing a roof.
I even at one point said 'If we did the clean up, could she wave the deposit'. She said, 'well there isnt much clean up left'. I looked at my husband, who had the same look on his face. You know that...

Oh.

My.

God.

'look'. You know what I mean.
Should I mention the yard was worse than the house, and her son who is 9 actually took a shit in the backyard. Right there in broad daylight. My youngest was grossed out, and thats all he talked about the whole 2 hour ride home.

Also, the lady (Her name is Christine) thought my youngest BOY (whos is 9) was a girl. What an idiot. Okay, his hair is long but he does NOT look like a GIRL!!!

I hope we find a house soon. I hate the waiting game. I need to know things for certain, I hate wondering. Life would be so much easier if it was written out in black and white and everything was set in stone. Perfectly. I know, we dont live in a perfect world. Our lives are full of twists and turns and puke fests. At least mine is.

6 comments:

~Sheila~ said...

HA HA HA..Holy Crap. Literally in the back yard? Now that's just gross. Can you imagine what might be lurking in hidden places. Would you actually want to clean up after these people?
We are planning on moving to the valley. We saw an ad for a 5 bdrm 2 bath for $800 a month there. The cost of living is cheaper and the pay rate is higher (well for my profession). I don't really need Angel there after all. He will be staying and working here in Corpus.
There's got to be better houses for you somewhere.
Good Luck.

ShelbyAnne said...

Re: your comment...OH MAN IT IS! But seriously, weren't we even when she humiliated me repeatedly during high school?

~Sheila~ said...

OH....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! (in like 15 minutes) If you're not going on 40...neither am I! How's that for banding together?!

scargosun said...

O
M
G

You might want to make a call to whatever dept condems houses and maybe to social services. I got shivers reading that.

KatBouska said...

Oh my God!! That's like straight from a movie! My mom is a real estate agent and I am laughing trying tom imagine her keeping her composure in a house like that. And the boy was actually pooping in the yard?? POOPING IN THE YARD?? Was this a problem?? I'm almost thinking a call to CPS would be useful.

Too bad you don't live in the northwest...totally a buyers market right now. None of the houses are selling. I hope you find something soon though. I can't believe you had to drive two hours out of your way to see that shack...but it made for a good blog post so I guess it was worth it.

Happy Birthday!!!

Julie H said...

Yuck yuck yuck. That is nasty!!

Happy Birthday!