Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Quest...

for a new house.

We are planning on relocating to another town, 2 hours away because my husbands company wants to send him there. We want to go because it means more money, AND a gas card! I have an Expedition, the money id be saving on gas alone makes me want to move.
We are looking for a house in the country. My city kids are going to just die, but! I dont care. We live in the ghetto right now. I mean, so ghetto that I walked my kids to school and I actually found a small packet of cocaine on the sidewalk. This is a tiny bit of the reason we need to move. That and the fact that my kids talk like little thugs.
I called this woman today about her house. I dont think I liked her. She was WAY to picky about her house that from what I can figure out is old. She had to tell me about all the renovations shes had to do on it, and that it was her familys house, etc. Then she goes on to tell me her expectations of Me and MY family. The whole time I am thinking, woman..I am from the city, do you seriously think your house is all that? I mean, its old (Ive already said that), its 950.00 a month, its way out in the middle of no where, its next to a papermill (cough), AND she wants perfect credit, AND she has on her ad "If you gots bad kids, I aint gonna rent to you". I just kind of laughed to myself. I think I am going to bypass this woman. Scratch picky off the list. I need/want a landlord I can bullshit with. I cant stand snobby people.
I have found some houses with some down to earth, nice people. I am sending my husband off to check these houses out since he is on that side of Texas working this week. He is bringing his best friend along on this venture. His b/f wife (one of my best friends) has a camera phone, and she will send me photos. (My husband would never think of that!) This is why women are superior, we think of EVERYTHING.

8 comments:

Julie H said...

LOL I screamed, then ran in the house to find the camera!

~Sheila~ said...

I know...I know...but at the time no one was banding. I did opt-out of the second one though. I've seen a million surveys on myspace.
Ughhh....moving. I just dodged that bullet. I dont want to move until I can get ALL my friends to help. Of course, I will provide their beverage of choice if need be.
and yes....pics....men never think of that.

Cherlyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cherlyn said...

Well she blames her long-time unemplyment on the fact that she lives in bum-fuck Michcigan and there supposedly aren't many jobs to be had. Oh, and she doesn't drive. 27 years old and never learned to drive. *sigh* So of course that limits her options too.
Personally, I never saw either of those reasons as particularly valid.

scargosun said...

Good luck with the house hunt. It can be a roayl pain. That woman with the old house needs to climb that fence and get over it.
Camera phones rock.

Anonymous said...

You have to do that survey... because we all said so. Well... if I had to you have to! So there.

PS happy house hunting!

The Muffin Man. said...

i forgot what i was going to say.

The Muffin Man. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.