Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Scavengerhunt

My kids have gotten in the habit of sleeping all day,and staying awake all night. I'm trying to fix this by making them stay up all day, after they have stayed up all night.
We have some woods behind our house....



and I created a 'scavenger hunt list'. It included things like, a feather, a dark leaf, light leaf, y shaped twig, colorful rock, and things like that.
This kept my kids outside all day..but around 5pm, my youngest, Maverick, couldn't handle it anymore, and passed out on the top of the stairs.



He slept all night and was up at 5am. Today it stormed all day, which has made us all very tired. Even Maverick.

5 comments:

~Sheila~ said...

How funny. That's what happens in the summertime. The kids can stay up till whenever. I still try to get mine in bed no later than 11:30 (even Dom). Of course, there's no guarantee that this is actually happening because I am totally passed out by 9:30-10:00.

I have yet to catch them passing out anywhere else besided their bed. Good pic.

Dirty White boy said...

LOL..scavenger hunts..that reminds me of a story.
Shannon would die though. Oh well.

Julie H said...

Too cute! So what do they win if they get all the stuff on the scavenger hunt?

scargosun said...

I remember those times. Maybe you have some vampires on your hands. ;)

The Muffin Man. said...

Jared said I would die from the scavenger hunt story? Not how I remember it. I wasnt the one that had to put on grandmas bra, that was him.
We had this cousin who...oh nevermind he can tell it.