Thursday, June 19, 2008

Forrest Timethi-Ashton Courtney...future rockstar.




Background info on my oldest son. Ashton is 15, popular amongst his peers due to his humor and outgoing personality. I think it helps that hes an adorable blond with a muscular build. Hes also an insomniac that also suffers from narcolepsy. It took us a 5500.00 sleep study to be told that, and now hes on medication. Due to the fact he was sleep deprived this school year (he was previously home schooled so it was never a problem), he failed all of his classes. He didn't even get a credit in theater arts which for someone with his artistic touch, it should have been an easy A. If only he could have stayed awake.

Since taking my oldest son out of the hood, he has been bored. I mean, there is no walking to the corner store for stacker 3 and a monster energy drink and spend the entire day skateboarding with his buddies.
There is no dodging drug dealers here, or making out with some girl under the bleachers of the nearby Jr.high.

There is nothing here.

Nothing.

But his guitar (which at age 15, he plays better than most adults twice his age..someone at a music store said he was a prodigy). Did I mention he taught himself how to play by the age of 10?

Anyway.

He has spent his time here in the middle of no where, playing his guitar and revamping his 'my space'. He sent out the following bulletin after making his whole my space layout out of the word 'fake'.

Written solely by him...age 15.

FAKE is a 1 word dilemma. The plethora of Profound Problems, Annualized the concept of this stereotype, and demand a much higher Notability.
To Start a New, or Much Rather begin a new, we take our chances in this vicious indignation called life. Take it day by day and project feelings onto the serpent tide of every cultural region. We envy the very thought of the hosts that conform their bodies so deeply into the Sacred Being, that it Phantoms into indecent exposure, thus creating a butterfly affect on cautious onlookers gasping for air at the virility of this prototype concept of pure imagination, it is the doppelganger of fantasy.

This is a kid that failed English, probably due to the fact that he didn't stay awake. He was tested in 6Th grade, by a teacher that saw his potential even though he was failing everything, as being gifted. Those tests showed he was then on a college level. That was 4 years ago. I wonder where his brain would place him now.

By the way, we all know hes going to grow up and be a rockstar, you should hear him play.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! He sounds like an awesome kid, and you should definitely be proud! Sometimes I wonder about our Texas school system quirks. I, too, homeschooled my three oldest for a while in elem school, and have been wondering whether or not to pull them again. Hoping to tame the boredom monster myself!

Julie H said...

Kind of sucks living in the country sometimes!

He sounds very smart!

Cherlyn said...

I'm sure that now he's on the medication, he'll thrive in school next year. Now that I think about it, I believe J mentioned him and his guitar playing to me once.

Re your comment: when the ex-bf told me he was jealous, it did feel pretty damn good. =]

Unknown said...

You should post some video of him playing a riff!