Friday, June 20, 2008

Friday already?

I cant believe its already Friday. I mean, not that I have anything going on besides going to the grocery store at some point.
I cannot wait for school to start back up. My kids are bored to death, so to curve their boredom, they eat. Well, except for my 13 yr old ADHD daughter Dakota,

she spends her time running around outside, playing soccer alone (her brothers wont play with her), and thinking up things to do. We are curing bonsai seeds to create a bonsai tree. We COULD do her room, but jeeze I walk in there and walk out, what a wreck!
I'm also considering doing a garden, but last night I saw my very first Raccoon (omg he was sooo cute!!), and he was tearing into the trash and so I'm now rethinking the garden thing. Well, unless I could put them in large pots on my balcony like city people do it...but that does narrow down the veggies I could grow. Anyone with veggie garden ideas, please send them my way. Im also considering a pumpkin patch. I need help on this subject!!!
My husband has seen rabbits when he leaves for work (I want to SEE one!!). Also, this city girl has also seen her first owl. My city children saw it as well, because when my 9 yr old saw it gliding from one tree to another, he exclaimed, "Look! a hawk!".
Yes, we are clueless.
Ive also seen my fill of weird looking bugs and lizards.
Gross.

We are considering getting a dog.

Well, I shouldn't say 'we' because I am NOT a dog person.
I love cats.
Cats are smart and don't need alot of 'pay attention to me' time.
My kids however, want a dog. My husband thinks we should get them one. I basically said, do what you want, but I'm not taking care of it.
Why is it whenever the family gets a pet, its the mom that ends up with the pet responsibility's?

I will be posting a video of my elder son playing guitar as soon as I get a cord for my camcorder.

p.s
I had my tubes clamped with a 'filshie clip' (its like clamping off a water hose with a clamp) a little over 9 years ago. This week Ive been noticing nauseousness, boob aches, and tiredness. Granted it is PROBABLY PMS, however, what is the likely hood of pregnancy?
I mean, does anyone KNOW anyone that has gotten pregnant several years after a tubaligation?
My doctor once said, 'its not like your tubes are cut, tied and burned, your tubal is fully reversible, and well, not 100% effective, more like 80% effective'.
I was okay with that then, but I'm 38 now and my oldest is living with her boyfriend and I don't think having a baby at this point in my life is a 'fun' thing to do. However, who doesn't love a baby! Hey, could it be menopause?! That could totally work for me!!

4 comments:

~Sheila~ said...

So Sorry you're bored way out in the middle of no-where. Let's just say if you are pregnant..that will definately cure the boredom around there. Poor kids. My kids can't sit still for nothing. They are in and out of the house all the time.

Yes (to answer your previous question) I do love when my kids do as I ask and behave well in public places. Makes me gloat a little.

As for the allowance...It's not going anymore. The kids weened themselves off of it so now it's back to them just cleaning when I tell them too. No one is asking for money or keeping track anymore. They are too busy outside playing to make a mess inside.


P.S. I would love to hear your prodigy son play. Dom plays some instruments too. I bought him a guitar and he learned to read the music, he also plays the violin.

These kids with ADHD....

Unknown said...

Oy... my heart just dropped thinking of what it would be for me to be a new father once again at 38. My youngest one takes it right out of me. Another would probably finish me off!

BTW, you sure as heck don't look like a momma of five! What's yer secret?

scargosun said...

WOW on that PS. Keep me updated. A dog might be a good idea. Might keep the raccoon away.

GetnItFinaly said...

A dog will more than likely keep rodents away, of course, depending on the type of dog. lol

About to isolate myself here, I am one that does not love babies, I haven't been around many and the ones I have, it's like stretching my arms out as far as I can and saying how sweet. lol I hoe it goes as you wish..

Kids don't have to use their imagination much anymore, they think it will be done for them, (kudos to Dakota), you can only hope it will ignite within.

The move was quick and you were right on it, good for you!

tc
Kelly