Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mom 2 Seven Bratz?

No, I'm not having twins.

Exactly.

This is my best friend and her family. Yes, these are all her children. Kylie, Kailey, Kelsey, Kevin, Keith, Kyle, Katy, and Kaleb.



Well, she has two out of control 16 yr olds, Kailey and Kelsey, that she cant seem to do anything with. She wants to send them to my house, because my house is very strict.
My 10 and 12 yr old boys have a 6pm bedtime, and my 14yr old girl and 16 yr old son have a 8pm bedtime.
My kids, especially my girl, don't go anywhere, and its very military around here at times. I think my friend needs a break, and maybe keeping the girls for awhile will make them see how good they have it at home.

Now, a little bit of background because I wouldn't just keep any of my friends kids. Me and Flora have been friends since we were 11. That's a 28 year old friendship. She was there when I had a couple of my kids, and I was there when she had a couple of hers. I was there when Kelsey, the said 'rotten teen' was born. Her and my son Ashton (they are 4 months apart) were raised together from infants. My oldest daughter (Tifeni) and her older boys (Kieth and Kyle) were raised together as well. Kieth and Tifeni even graduated together this past year.
I was pregnant for Hunter when she was pregnant for Katy, and I was the first one to hold her Katy when she was born.
So, you see...if it was just a casual friend, I probably wouldn't take on the responsibility, but its not..shes practically family.

Now..to get my husband to agree to it.

3 comments:

~Sheila~ said...

AHHHH...I love having friends that last the test of time. That is why I'm going to houston. My best friend Lisa lives up there. We've been best friends since before Dom was born. (14 yrs). My other best friend Jenn is driving up there with me. We've been best friends for 11 yrs. It's gonna be one big crazy party.
Not sure if we are going to the gambling boat but we will be riding around all over most of the time.
I think I still have your number...I will give you a call if we are near.

We are very military around here too (only cause of me) Angel is too laid back.

Good luck getting hubby to agree.

Curious Curandera said...

Wow she has her hands full! I think it's cool how all the names start with the letter "K"

honkeie said...

wow that is great and hope things workout for everyone. I on the other hand do not have any real friends, current or old. I have never been one to keep up friendships, I had one that left about a year ago without so much of a good bye and I left it at that. It was the longest friendship I have ever known of almost 15 years!
I learned a long time ago people are very disposable and replacable. I know it sounds cold but that is how I have come to terms with so many things in my life. I sometimes wish for friends but for the most part I like my solitude. But mind you I am married to my bestfriend so she really is all i need for the time being.