Thursday, September 25, 2008

Photos from hurricane Ike.

Fema has turned down 175,000 families in my area, stating that their homes are livable, nevermind the fact they had this much water in them.

This is/was the walmart that I shopped. This is/was the pizza hut that we went to. This is also the street that contained our dentist and doctors offices and our major grocery store. This street also contained 3 schools that will not be opening anytime soon. It also contained thousands of homes.




4 comments:

~Sheila~ said...

WOW. That is a lot of water and the damage is incredible. I can't believe that it's so close to home.

~Sheila~ said...

P.S.
Do you do the whole pickles and popcorn thing too? Or is it just me that everyone thinks is wierd.

KatBouska said...

Holy smokes! I cannot even wrap my mind around that. I wish there was something we could do...I feel helpless.

Rhea said...

Wow, those are incredible photos. scary too. I can't believe how much flooding you guys had.